A common challenge in my work with women who are ready to receive their something more is their mindset. Specifically, not believing that their desires are possible, primarily because where they are in their lives now and where they want to seem worlds apart. When we get stuck in our stories of disbelief, we lose the ability to trust in what is possible along with the resilience to move forward.
Negativity bias research shows that “bad is stronger than good” (Baumeister, Finkenauer & Vohs, 2001). In other words, negative events are more influential than good ones. Our brain is wired to place greater emphasis on the negative experiences versus positive ones.
Creating positive change is about working with our emotions rather than denying how we feel about ourselves. That’s exactly how I was able to (and continue to) transform the negative mindset that once ruled my life. I learned how to become happier while working through negativity.
So how do we transform our current reality when our mind doesn’t align with the desires of our soul? Well, we assist our desires in coming forth by shifting into “I’m in the process of…”. thinking. It’s a graceful way of overcoming the valleys in between our mountains.
Being “in process” helps our desires become more believable because we are basically telling the doubting mind, “You’re right. I don’t have ______ and I’m not ______, but I’m in the process of having it and being “it”. Being in process assumes we are doing the work to shift our lives. It also soothes the part of us that is not able to embrace (yet) our new aspirations of self.
Do you want to be happier and more aligned with your soul desires, but struggle with seeing it as possible?
Here are 10 “in process” affirmations for becoming soul happy.
1. I am in the process of developing the courage to hear, see, and honor my soul truth because I understand that aligning my inner and outer self-begins with hearing the truth of my soul.
2. I am in the process of releasing what I’ve perceived as mistakes and poor choices. Holding on to them keeps me from moving forward and claiming new life decisions.
3. I am in the process of claiming the fullness of my inner and outer beauty. Doing so keeps me in vibrational alignment with my natural essence and helps me cultivate the love of self.
4. I am in the process of learning how to rely on my inner guidance when I need answers. This is how I know for certain that I am making decisions that are in alignment with my true self and not what others think is best for me.
5. I am in the process of transforming my life as quantum leaps are created by taking consistent smaller leaps in the direction of my desires.
6. I am in the process of learning how to think higher vibrating thoughts about my past, present, and future so that I can spend less time dwelling on what I don’t want and spend more time on creating what I do want.
7. I am in the process of healing and accepting that no matter who I’ve been in the past and what I’ve done, I can start over.
8. I am in the process of surrendering and trusting in an unseen source that provides guidance and wisdom for my future self.
9. I am in the process of aligning my inner desires with my daily aligned actions. This helps my desires take their form, one step at a time.
10. I am in the process of cultivating a spirit of curiosity with what is possible. Doing so will help me receive a crystal clear vision that aligns with my deep soul desires.
The next time the voice of doubt tries to take over, fall into the loving arms of “I am in the process of…”. With time, the voice of your soul desires becomes louder and the voice of doubt becomes almost non-existent.
In the comments below, let me know which one of these process affirmations you resonate with the most.